This page provides an overview of my research projects, including datasets I maintain, empirical studies I conducted, and tools I developed in cooperation with colleagues and students. See also my research statement.
- SOTorrent: Reconstructing and linking the version history of Stack Overflow posts.
Empirical Studies (Software Engineering)
- Stack Overflow Code Snippets: Usage of Stack Overflow code snippets in GitHub projects.
- Sketches and Diagrams in Practice: Usage of sketches and diagrams in software engineering practice.
- CI and Commit Activity: Influence of continuous integration on the commit activity in GitHub projects.
- Performance Debugging: How do developers locate performance bugs?
- Sketching and Program Comprehension: Effects of sketching on program comprehension.
Empirical Studies (Interdisciplinary)
- Constructing Urban Tourism Space Digitally: We argue that urban tourism space is (re-)produced digitally and collaboratively on online platforms and empirically analyze how two Berlin neighborhoods are digitally constructed by Airbnb hosts in their listing descriptions.
- Towards a Theory of Software Development Expertise: A first conceptual theory of software development expertise and its formation over time.
- LivelySketches: Tool supporting the analog and digital lifecycle of sketches.
- VisualCues: Classroom presentation tool for source code.
- SketchLink: Tool for linking sketches to source code artifacts.
- RegViz: Tool that visually augments regular expressions.
- Sampling Software Developers: Issues in sampling software developers for online surveys.